PDA

View Full Version : knoppix toolbar

murman
08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey people, I'm new to linux and knoppix. I have windows xp home. I've been interested in linux for some time now, but didn't want to create a dual boot system on the computer. Then I found the live cd and downloaded it and the checksum checker. Everything went great with no problems. I releived about that. Anyway, I've got a lot of questions but one in particular. Somehow I managed to hide the toolbar. How do you get it back? It seems that without it you can't do anything! Almost like it's locked up. I have to turn the computer off and then back on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ockham23
08-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Do you mean the horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen? It has a a small blue arrow symbol on each side. If you cllick on one, the bar will vanish to either the left or right hand side. To make it reappear, look for a small blue dot in one of the lower corners of the screen. Click on it, and the bar should become visible again.

murman
08-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Thanks, yeah that's the bar I'm talking about. I'll try what you suggested and let you know.

murman
08-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes, that did it. I appreciate it.