PDA

View Full Version : Big cahoon laptop problems... EEEEK!

chris-harry
08-13-2005, 05:53 AM
anyway... got meself an old laptop (box decided to die), any way... rushed to uninstall windows too quicky... OPPS!! and the CD-Rom died!! *why you son of a*, so, i cant use knoppix... NOOOOOOOO!!! So i decided to install debian, using the boot floppies!! Slow and teedious!!

then i hit the wall again... i dont have the drivers to a Xircom RealPort CardBus Ethernet 10/100+Modem 56 card...

i googled it but there are only drivers for windows.... does anyone know where there are drivers for linux...

thanks for the help...

UnderScore
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
Bunch of people like it with linux here http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=666&sort=8&cat=157&page=1

chris-harry
08-13-2005, 06:43 AM
aww man, their lucky to find the drivers....

chris-harry
08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
aww man, i am soo stupid sometimes.... there is a boot floppy names net-drivers.. GRR!! the drivers was on that... EEEEEEEKKK!!!

anyway... i am going mental (i blame all this homework)... and then it stopped again... NOOOOO!!! i downloaded the kernal and all off the net... and now it wont connect to the net... grr....

chris-harry
08-18-2005, 03:59 AM
HEY!! I FIXED IT!!! WHOOPIE!!! now lets close this thread and burn it... if possible...

all i had to do is...

ifdown -a
ifup eth0

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D its working now... thanks for your help... :D:D