PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix failed to shut down, now I'm stuck with 640x480

The Headacher
08-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Hi, I made a backup of my installed system with the Knoppix 3.8 cd, all went fine. But when I was going to reboot, Knoppix seemed to freeze when it attempted to stop cardmgr if I recall correctly. So I had to reset my system. Now, when I boot my system, lilo and console use only 640x480 pixels instead of the usual 1028x768 my screen used before without using a framebuffer. When I use a kernel that enables framebuffer, after the kernel is loaded I get fullscreen, but this doesn't solve my problem as I don't really want to use framebuffer, and I want to have my bootscreen fullscreen.

I've updated lilo, but without any results. I also tried booting Knoppix and shutting it down properly, but this didn't undo what it had previously done.

I hope someone can tell me how I can get my bootscreen back to fullscreen, because it's just too tiny now. Also I'd like to get my console back to normal. Any suggestions/ideas are very welcome.

ockham23
08-14-2005, 10:09 AM
I am not entirely sure what you mean: Do you want the boot screen to use a resolution of 640x480 which is scaled up to fill the native 1024x768 of your display? If so, check your BIOS for a setting like "enable panel stretch" or "panning".

I hope this helps!

The Headacher
08-15-2005, 10:34 PM
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Sorry for the long and poorly structured sentences in my previous post. However, I don't have any of the mentioned options in my BIOS. :(

The Headacher
08-25-2005, 06:41 PM
The problem seems to have solved itself :?. Thanx anyways!