PDA

View Full Version : Video card problem

ecrespo
08-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi:

I have a Boca Research Video Card (Vortek) which starts ok when booting text, until it comes to the Xinit command, then the graphic interface doesnt come up and i've tried every xmodule cheatcode and also forcing the resolution to 640x480 and eventually tells me that it doesnt find an appropiate server for my card. I startup from diskette and the video card is on an ISA slot.

Thanks in advance,

Ernst.

ecrespo
08-17-2005, 08:36 PM
I think it can help to know that the chipset in the video card is an AGX14, DAC: Internal, IMB of memory.
Any comments are welcomed,

Cheers,

Ernst

chris-harry
08-18-2005, 04:23 AM
um i dont know if knoppix has drivers for that type of card... you can always download the drivers from the internet (assuming that there are drivers for that card under linux)... google the card + drivers and linux, and see if there are drivers for it...

other wise i dont know... sorry...

ecrespo
08-18-2005, 06:39 AM
The only cheatcode that allows me to see some graphics, but too oversized (i only manage to view a part of the desktop ad at first the gray scrren looks like black and white dots, and the cursosr looks giant) is XF86_SVGA but i only see part of the desktop-----i've used different resolutions (800x600, 640x480, ----) no luck yet :(

I'll try looking for the drivers for Linux...

Cheers,

Ernst