PDA

View Full Version : [fixed?] No boot at all on 4.0 (non-Linux-TAG);

pterandon
08-18-2005, 04:12 PM
I downloaded the new version of 4.0. I used k3b to burn ISO image to DVD as I'd done several times before. I believe the k3b is doing its own md5 check.

The resulting DVD just does not boot on two different PC's where I had in the past successfully run multiple live CD distro's, notably including v.4.0.linux.TAG. In both cases, it just goes on to its original plan for booting (WinXP or Kanotix, respectively).

BTW I looked around but have been unable to see a download FAQ (I have done it correctly before, FWIW).

UnderScore
08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
My DVD burner has not been delivered (arrives tomorrow! :) ) but I was able to use the 4.01 DVD ISO in VMWare. It booted and seemed to work fine.

ruymbeke
08-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Burned the DVD 4.0 Official Release and it works just fine as well as the iso boot from ntfs.
Cheers, Gilles

pterandon
08-19-2005, 04:00 AM
... it worked on the third try. Sorry. :oops:

Tried different brand of media, and did a post-burn m5d check as well. Took an hour to burn but Knoppix now appears to be a 'bootin. [/b]

Harry Kuhman
08-19-2005, 04:19 AM
BTW I looked around but have been unable to see a download FAQ (I have done it correctly before, FWIW).
It's there. To find it click on the Documentation link near the top of this page. That's the Wiki. The Downloading faq is currently the 9th item down in the list.

pterandon
08-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Distrowatch has a new article about folks having difficulty burning the ISO DVD.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050822#1

Harry Kuhman
08-22-2005, 07:12 PM
about folks having difficulty burning the ISO DVD.
It seems to be about bugs that have already been mentioned here, even quotes the post that Klaus himself put in our bug section of the wiki. It does not seem to be about difficulty burning.