PDA

View Full Version : accessibility features

babelbrennt
08-20-2005, 02:32 AM
trying to add accessibility support . Kmag and emacspeaks OK (though emacspeak seems a bit complicated andI'd like something that reads the Knoppix desktop0). Tried installing Gnopernicus, but it doesn't seem to work. Kttsd seems to refuses to install (seems to need earlier versionsof kdelibs4 and libarts1). Does anyoneknow of anything else I can use or a way to configure these so they work.

fingers99
08-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Exactly how are you trying to install them? Which repository are you using? Have you pointed Kde at unstable and upgraded?

babelbrennt
08-20-2005, 03:39 PM
I am not sure what that means. I installed using apt-get install and got the message saying I had unmet dependencies. I just assumed that the versions needed were earlier versions because of the version numbers and the fact that I do have versions of those files on my system and when i tried to download them again it stated that I had the newest versions.

As for gnopernicus I have read the following :

The problem here is that the libgail and libatk-bridge modules are not being found. You can try by
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the place where the modules are installed (lib/gtk-2.0/modules) and
also set GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1.

I found /usr/lib/gtk2.0/modules but am not sure how to set the path or where the file is where I should change the paths

Yasr seems to workalthough i am not sure how it functions. It reads the console screen but if I open an application it doesn't read the page. Also I have to navigate to a console as it doesn't appear to read the desktop. Iam not visually impaired myself so it is difficult to judge what is OK or not but the programs all seem a bit complicated.