PDA

View Full Version : No Internet connection after HDD install of Version 4.0

siggy
08-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Internet connection works fine with the "Live" DVD. Installed the complete system on the HDD, no connection to the Internet? :(
Used the Networking tool, selected "DCHP" then apply, the tool does nothing, stalls. Closing the Nework tool application, says all will be lost. Tried /etc/init.d/networking stop then /etc/init.d/networking start, said it was allready working. So what am I missing? Using Knoppix Version 3.9 now all is working. :?:

siggy
08-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Internet connection works fine with the "Live" DVD. Installed the complete system on the HDD, no connection to the Internet? :(
Used the Networking tool, selected "DCHP" then apply, the tool does nothing, stalls. Closing the Nework tool application, says all will be lost. Tried /etc/init.d/networking stop then /etc/init.d/networking start, said it was allready working. So what am I missing? Using Knoppix Version 3.9 now all is working. :?:

Using the Network application from KDE Menu. KDE, KNOPPIX, Network/Internet, Network card configuration and selected erth0 for DCHP. Was able to connect to the internet then. But more problems after doing update and upgrade from Terminal using "SU", upon reboot durring the boot process a Warning Message came up, "Warning: /proc/ide/hd?/settings is obsolete and will be removed soon!" Then my three drives were listed, two HDD and the CD/DVD drive, then bootloader sat and kept getting this message, "hdb: lost interrupt", hdb is where Knoppix Linux is installed. So reinstaled version 4.0 again from the DVD, now this time the boot sequence picks up and activates DCHP. Did update and upgrade again, all seems to be working again :? Computers and OS's never cease to amaze me. :shock:
Siggy