PDA

View Full Version : floppyconfig best method?

Sw@ppa
08-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Hey all! Ok, I've control-centered "my" wallpaper, window settings, konqueror behaviour (I like nothing on desktop, and konqueror to start @desktop, with Terminal on the bottom), and taskbar full of "my" frequently-used *knoppix-configure-save configuration on floppy, and use (@boot: )knoppix floppyconfig

...so if I login like so, then change more settings-what's the best way to save these? I've read heaps of posts and don't really get the answer (most people'r giving up and hdd-installing etc), so I'm guessing:

delete configs etc on floppy, then save configuration again, (will all my pre-loaded settings be saved too?) but: with the problems I'm having with (permissions?) using the floppy drive I'm guessing there'll be some "mounting/unmounting involved in between.

or: start with knoppix out-of-the-box and make "all" the changes to "all" the programs I'll use, and save-configuration that?

um, please could some-one step-by-step-it so this newbie can understand/perform? (especially including the floppy drive stuff)

thanx