PDA

View Full Version : Remastering Knoppix 3.8.2

mohit.jain.india
08-27-2005, 10:46 AM
I am trying to remaster knoppix 3.8.2 into regional language (hindi).
I am a newbie at this and i will really appreciate if someone could guide me with the creation of KICK LIST .( The packages that i need to remove ).
As i have observed on the site the kicklist is a matter of personal choice. I just need the list of those softwares that can be removed safely and are removed from all remasters.
Thanks in advance

spyhome
08-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Hello Mohit,

there is one file that you want to install, to have Hindi as a KDE language. It is called "kde-i18n-hi"

If you do the remaster this the scripts of Fabian Franz or the tutorial of UnderScore that you will find here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867
you can do the changes in the chroot enviroment.

You have to be on the root console and do:
apt-get update
apt-get install kde-i18n-hi

There is also a file for openoffice. It is called openoffice.org-l10n-hi

With dpkg-query -S kde-i18n you can search all language packages that are installed to your system.
So you can delete for example the german ones with:
apt-get remove kde-i18n-de

I hope this helps you with the remastering process.

Greatings
Christian

mohit.jain.india
08-28-2005, 03:00 PM
hi spy thanks for the help
however after installation of kde in hindi me also installed the gargi font Thats the ttf font for Hindi. it was working fine on the harddisk partition.
but me unable to get the font in the remaster cd. I am too messed up with it
I wonder how can I install a font on knoppix ( Which directory should I put the font into ) so
that when I remaster the CD, the font is installed.
thanks a lot..
please reply soon

mohit.jain.india
08-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the help but..
i am through with remastering and have created a live cd with Hindi kde and hindi fonts working properly
however the problem is though me able to start the cd in text mode thats by using cheat codes 2.
however When i run it normally
it gives a IPC error and it shut down..
Now does that mean that me need to make changes to the Hindi KDE in proper way ?
but the question which haunts my mind is .. since me able to work on HINDI knoppix

remastered in proper way via going from text mode to gui using the STARTX command..
than why me unable to go to the GUI interface via The splash screen way ..?

Can anyone help me out !! so that me wud be having a tight sleep in the night ..
thank u !! its already 12.46 pm out here., and the night seems far away
Reply at earliest