PDA

View Full Version : Emergency ! KIndly help Fast.. A call to Tr TOo ..

mohit.jain.india
08-28-2005, 02:24 PM
hi ..
I have been working on Remastering Knoppix 3.8.2 , For this i have created a harddisk partition and is trying to remaster using the harddisk itself.(this is a bootable partition)
I have removed various packages from this partition .. (such as open office)
THan i have installed KDE In my locale language thats HINDI.
After that i have installed TTF true type fonts of hindi which support this KDE of Hindi.
THan i created a new live Cd !
Now as i start the CD the problem faced
1) Though all the initial configuration involve in booting process is working still at the splash image There is IPC error( inter process communication error)
and than the system stops
However at the booting time when i have to press enter in the beginning if i apply knoppix 2 to run it into text mode instead of GUI. than The shell comes and by using the Start ex command me able to open knoppix desktop.
Thus i can chose between HINDI And english
The TTF font is not shown in font list in the control centre..
THus i guess there is some problem of changing the default directory fonts.Since whenever i chose option of HINDI.. instead of showing the TTF fonts which support HINDI it is showing anonymous fonts.
Can someone help me with it .. its urgent please.

mohit.jain.india
08-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Sir i have been working on remastering knoppix 3.8 using ur script .
the problem faced is me unable to get the desired result of remastering into the locale language Hindi.
I have done all the proces .. installing the KDE in Hindi..
Agfter that i even used The TTF in hindi.
However in the Live cd the changes r not visible..
first the IPC error is coming .. but by using the text mode me able to access gui interface via startex command.
However still its getting messed up.
with the TTF font not visible.. though the option of HIndi or english is coming up.
THe font which i installed in the harddisk. i think is either not getting copied.
or do i have to change some default files or so.. so that we can get the TTF font of Hindi into the picture.
please send me the reply as early as possible..

thanks in advance

tr
08-28-2005, 04:29 PM
There is IPC error( inter process communication error)
and than the system stops
However at the booting time when i have to press enter in the beginning if i apply knoppix 2 to run it into text mode instead of GUI.

The TTF font is not shown in font list in the control centre..
Hi,

that first problem is totally stange for me and I can't tell what's wrong. Perhaps googling would help you.

That font problem. I'm not sure because I have only installed msttccorefonts with apt-get and got no problem with them. Perhaps
dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig could help.

I have used Debian for a long time but this remastering matter is new to me too, and I have also faced some problems in my remasterings. I hope that Fabian Franz would update his menu based scipts e.g.so that cleanup script would not zero necessary cache files. Perhaps this font problem has something to do with font-cache files.

We have in Finland a goog finnish spell checker 'Soikko' for OpenOffice.org 2 but cleanup script zeroes /var/spool/openoffice2/uno_packages/cache files so it does not work if I don't copy them back after cleaning. This problem was not existing wiht OpenOffice.org 1.1.4. So you know what I mean.

-tapsa-

-tapsa-