PDA

View Full Version : VPN....

johncarlson21
04-23-2003, 07:36 AM
I would just like to say that I love Knoppix.... :D
I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network... :roll:
I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance...[/b]

Stephen
04-23-2003, 07:54 AM
I would just like to say that I love Knoppix.... :D
I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network... :roll:
I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance...[/b]

Have you checked this post (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1714).

johncarlson21
04-23-2003, 04:42 PM
that post didn't help me... I want to great a vpn connection to my school network not a vpn server.... so if you have any ideas let me know...
thanks...

StephenB
05-23-2003, 03:30 AM
What sort of VPN is it?

johncarlson21
05-27-2003, 02:39 AM
I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply

probono
06-08-2003, 11:35 PM
I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the replyYou must find out what kind of VPN that is. At our university they use Cisco VPN Client for wireless connections, and they also provide a Linux kernel module builder for that. Runs perfectly on a Knoppix HD install :-)

pau1knopp
06-09-2003, 10:16 PM
What about Checkpoint Firewall 1, any body have any thoughts / experience with setting up a VPN client to connect to CPFW1?

kamikaze_fish
06-26-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm wanting to do similar. What I'm using is pptp for my vpn which goes to an Astaro firewall. (another fine linux distro I might add) Now me being a winblows guy at this point, I wouldn't understand why it would matter what you're vpn'ing into, just the protocols right?

kamikaze_fish
06-30-2003, 01:37 AM
ok, no replys so I'm assuming I'm right. :lol: