PDA

View Full Version : Need help connecting to the internet

plasmakills
09-01-2005, 04:56 AM
Hello

I'm loving knoppix a lot (I have the v4.0 dvd) but unfortunately I cannot connect to the internet. I used ifconfig and it showed that everything is good but I cannot ping any websites that are not on my network. I am using the built in 10/100 NIC on my motherboard (Intel 865PERL). I used the same copy of knoppix on my brother's computer (he has a ASUS P4P800 SE) and everything worked perfectly including the internet. I tried to use the k menu ->knoppix ->adsl config tool but it says that my PADO packets time out. I have Verizon DSL (1.5 Mbps), with a Linksys BEFSR 41 v2 and a Westell modem. I've searched but as on now cannot find anything that helped. Any help will be greatly appreciated. If this has been answered before can you please refer me to the thread? Thank you all for your time.

One other question: Do you think I should buy a learning linux type book so that I can learn more about how to better run Knoppix and Linux? I really want to learn at least the basics of linux so that I can use it more efficiently. Any suggestions for book titles will be greatly appreciated.

plasmakills