PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.9 live installer

wdavis65
09-04-2005, 07:35 PM
hey guys i am new at knoppix and i just received a copy of knoppix 3.9 live cd
and it boots up from the cd just fine and every thing works great. but i can not find the live installer i select KNOPPIX utilities but i do not have the option for install software .i am wonting
to try and use fprot.thanks for any help you can give.
have a good day. wdavis

admart35
09-04-2005, 11:10 PM
from the command line run:

sudo knoppix-installer

Harry Kuhman
09-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Be very careful with the above. Are you actually trying to install Knoppix to the hard disk, which the above tries to do, or are you talking about installing programs into Knoppix while it is running from the CD?

If you are talking about installing Knoppix to the hard disk in your very first post to these forums, be aware that Knoppix is intended as a live CD and installing it to hard disk is a complex thing. There are lots of ways to do it, the above being only one of the choices that you should make before you try. At the very least read this post before (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=87187#87187) you go any further.

wdavis65
09-05-2005, 12:37 AM
thanks i am talking about installing programs into Knoppix while it is running from the CD

wdavis65
09-05-2005, 11:41 AM
ok thanks for all of your help but what i am wonting to do is to use the knoppix 3.9 cd to scan for virus on a friends computer.i am wonting to use f-prot virus scanner.
i found this on the net. You can install F-Prot with Knoppix's live-software installer
The live installer needs a working Internet connection to download the program, and the program itself needs to be able to download updates as well.

ok so i have a working Internet connection i just dont know how to find the Knoppix's live-software installer.
sorry that i am so dumb about all of this
thank you and have a good day