PDA

View Full Version : Auto reboot after shutdown

NeoAnderson
09-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.
For this I have edited the isolinux.cfg file like that:

DEFAULT linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
TIMEOUT 1
KBDMAP german.kbd
PROMPT 1
DISPLAY boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 f2
F3 f3
LABEL knoppix
KERNEL linux
APPEND ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=de apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet noeject noprompt myconfig=/mnt/uba1 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

I first had problems with knoppix not executing any of this command and I then tried to change to order of the command and now it loads the config automatically but still no aout shutdown/reboot.
It worked fine for the previous knoppix 3.4 I have also used but now the system just hangs up without message and without rebooting.

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks in advance!

Neo

tr
09-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I have a problem with knoppix 3.9. I want it to instantly reboot/shutdown without ejecting the cd and pressing return.

Take a look at /etc/init.d/knoppix-reboot file. Section

if [ -z "$NOEJECT" ]; then
# Turn on autoeject of CD-Roms
for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/lock; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 0 > "$dev"; done
for dev in /proc/sys/dev/cdrom*/autoeject; do [ -f "$dev" ] && echo 1 > "$dev"; done
fi

is what you would like to modify. I have not tried that myself but I think commenting those lines out would do the job.

-tapsa-