PDA

View Full Version : Gizzmo's and gadgets of the desktop... how do i get them???

chris-harry
09-06-2005, 09:36 AM
to finish of me subject... how do i get them working...

when i say Gizzmo's and gadgets, i mean those funky gadgets built into your desktop, that tell you the weather. um... cpu temp and fan speed... and even if your dancing sucks (something the eyetoy doesnt do), which might be a problem with me because it would always seem stuck on Very Bad...

ok, i am using Seyyapc's desktop as an example... this is not mine... its Seyyapc's desktop...

ok... that is what i am talking about... it has all that info on the side... and a whole heap of stuff with it, its like cool and nerdy... and fun... no i havent been smoking weed... its like.... wooooooooh... man... thats cool.... i have tried downloading lm-sensors... but with no avil... :cry: oh the pain... look at me i am crying :cry:

anyway... i use a number of desktop managers, fluxbox, icewm, xfce4... i know i know... they are all light desktop managers... well, thats because i have a slow laptop... yes yes... i know... dont try and install something like this on a slow laptop... but i want to start getting me hands real dirty with linux (that doesnt sound too good... but you know what i mean)...

well... thank-you (i am half surprised that you read this far... must be the bad jokes)

chris-harry
09-06-2005, 11:34 AM
oh, and any other desktop editing modding type of things, or links... much appreciated...