PDA

View Full Version : Acer TravelMate 4654: "Cannot find KNOPPIX Filesystem&q

esimpson
09-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Knoppix 3.9

I needed:

"knoppix acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm"

Just to get knoppix to start loading the kernel. After loading the kernel, it fails with

"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem".

I tried adding the "nodma" option, but still with no luck.

Any ideas?

Harry Kuhman
09-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Did you follow all of the tips in the downloading faq including burning at a slow speed?

esimpson
09-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Did you follow all of the tips in the downloading faq including burning at a slow speed?

The install CD was given to me by someone who successfully used it.

Harry Kuhman
09-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Sorry, but sucessfully using it and burning it at a low speed so it will be reliable on all systems are completely different things. I obviously can't know that your CD was burnt at a high speed and that this is your problem, but we have seen many times that high speed burns may work on some systems but fail on others (sometimes even fail on the system that burnt them). Your problem sounds like a high speed burn issue (but then again, lots of problems sound like high speed burn issues to me until I know that are not.) You might want to try the testcd cheat code, but I wouldn't put absolute faith in a passing grade from that (although a failing grade would be confirmation of a problem).

esimpson
09-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Sorry, but sucessfully using it and burning it at a low speed so it will be reliable on all systems are completely different things. I obviously can't know that your CD was burnt at a high speed and that this is your problem, but we have seen many times that high speed burns may work on some systems but fail on others (sometimes even fail on the system that burnt them). Your problem sounds like a high speed burn issue (but then again, lots of problems sound like high speed burn issues to me until I know that are not.) You might want to try the testcd cheat code, but I wouldn't put absolute faith in a passing grade from that (although a failing grade would be confirmation of a problem).

Ok, I will burn it myself at a slow speed.

Thanks for the reply