PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Open Office

jeff33
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I have been enjoying the Knoppix "live-CD" interface.

All the programs seem to work but I have 2 sort of big problems:

#1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)

#2) I have a Creative sound card and Knoppix doesn't recognize it, thus no sound?

I'm an extreme noob with all this and would appreciate any advice or pointers. :oops:

I have created a FAT32 Partiton (5GB), and on it have set-up the Knoppix.img file(300MB) and the Knoppix.swp file (200MB)

Please help..Where did I go wrong?

(I would be happy if I was able to get Open Office to work right)

Hope this is the right place to post this..Thanks all for any replies :D

tr
09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
#1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)

It's a bug, see page http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27:

18.) When using OpenOffice, new files can be written, but existing files can not be opened, it just hangs. Stack trace shows it is attempting to connect to the Mozilla Security libraries. The script in /opt/openoffice/program/soffice has this bit of code in it:

# misc. environment variables
OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$sd_inst/program"
export OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

Commenting this out causes it to work. Security code works as well, you can create signed documents provided you install a certificate into firefox first.

--JeffreySchiller 22:53, 8 Jul 2005 (GMT)

At least this has happened with Knoppix 3.9 version.

-tapsa-