PDA

View Full Version : Opera klik problems

wombat
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
I installed Opera 8.10 klik and everything works good but two things.First the email shows the headers with the message and if you use spell check it comes up with a unknown error box.I saved the "styles" folder from the original klik install and put it in ~/.opera,as it was not there.This folder has all the .css files in it to change things in Opera.I downloaded a modified "mime.css" file that corrects the font and the header problem in Opera mail.It will not use styles or mime.css.I have a regular install of Opera on another pc with Linux and modified the mime.css file in it and it works and the spell checker works on this one two.Does anybody have an idea as how to make the Opera.cmg access this styles directory and what file is missing that makes the spell checker work.Thanks in advance,DennisPS I just saw something in a klik post,as to klik downloads what it thinks you need as to the style of Linux you are using.I use Frugalware on the pc that I installed Opera.cmg on and the other pc I have a Opera regular install on is SimplyMepis.

probono
09-14-2005, 02:04 AM
I downloaded a modified "mime.css" file that corrects the font and the header problem in Opera mail

So it is a known Opera problem?
Perhaps it will be fixed in the next version then.

Greetings,
probono

wombat
09-14-2005, 03:54 AM
Probono,
Correct me if I am wrong,did you not come up with Klik and .cmg and thinking this, I was hoping you would read my post and would have a answer to the problem or if you are using opera would have run into this problem.I don't think it is a problem with opera,other than the fact you have to alter the .css file,which I think there should be a way to do this through the browser.On my regular install of opera I have a ~/.opera and /usr /share/opera,the later being where the styles directory and the mime.css file is.Now in the opera.cmg you have only ~/.opera.Now when the opera.cmg unpacks in ~/tmp/klik it puts all the files that it setup the .cmg with,one being the styles directory with the .css files in it,that is the directory I saved,and put in .opera directory,knowing everything in /tmp/klik is gone after reboot.I have the styles directory in .opera and the .css file is modified,but it won't use it,why?The spell checker is part of Opera but is not functual in Opera.cmg,Why?One other question,I have gnome-ppp installed on this pc,I downloaded gnome -ppp .cmg,I have to ISP's and can access only one with gnome,so I think well I could use gnome.cmg to access the other,no because after it loaded it has the same info as my other one,my understanding is the .cmg one should be a separate program,why is it connected to my other gnome-ppp Thanks in advance,Dennis

bfree
09-14-2005, 07:05 PM
On my regular install of opera I have a ~/.opera and /usr /share/opera,the later being where the styles directory and the mime.css file is.Now in the opera.cmg you have only ~/.opera.Now when the opera.cmg unpacks in ~/tmp/klik it puts all the files that it setup the .cmg with,one being the styles directory with the .css files in it,that is the directory I saved,and put in .opera directory,knowing everything in /tmp/klik is gone after reboot.I have the styles directory in .opera and the .css file is modified,but it won't use it,why?The spell checker is part of Opera but is not functual in Opera.cmg,Why?One other question,I have gnome-ppp installed on this pc,I downloaded gnome -ppp .cmg,I have to ISP's and can access only one with gnome,so I think well I could use gnome.cmg to access the other,no because after it loaded it has the same info as my other one,my understanding is the .cmg one should be a separate program,why is it connected to my other gnome-ppp Thanks in advance,Dennis
Firstly, nothing is unpacked into /tmp/klik. When you use klik to get a cmg, it actually builds the cmg in /tmp/klik and then compresses the folder into the cmg. Once you have the cmg the /tmp can be removed as it is no longer relevant. Secondly, a klik installed program will, afaik, continue to usee your home directory for the configuration files for the programs, so your gnome-ppp (and opera) will be reading the same config files as your installed version. Perhaps this helps clear some things up (I can't quite follow exactly what the problem is from your description).

wombat
09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
bfree,
If as you say it builds the cmg from /tmp/klik,why are all the files that are in /tmp/klik not in opera.cmg.or ~/.opera.If I download opera and install it as you would normally,the spell checker works and you have a styles directory.The spell checker does not work and you have no styles directory in opera.cmg.I guess the best way to get to the root of the problem,would be if you or someone would download opera klik and see if you have these same things happen.I did find out that if you go,with opera opened,to Tolls>Preferences>Advanced>Content>Style Options at the bottom you see my style sheet and in the box it has "/usr/share/opera/styles/user.css,which you don't have with opera cmg.,so you change this to/home/dennis/.opera/styles/mime.css,which will use the styles diectory and the modified mime.css file I refered to in my first post.when you read email you go to veiw and choose in drop down style>user and your email won't display the headers.I am still working on making this work without me having to do anything.Now bfree,could I install two gnome-ppp cmg's and would they work independent of each other?Thanks for your help,Dennis