PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling knoppix from c: drive with windows

fogdog
09-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, I searched all over and couldn't find an answer to this. Like a total idiot I installed the Knoppix 3.9 file straight to my c: drive. So now every time I open my c: drive in windows xp control panel the autoexec.bat file (i think) executes and starts up the knoppix info page. How do I delete knoppix off my c: drive and go back to normal? I can't find it in exporer or anyway else. BTW- I know I'm a total noob to Linux- I really know nothing about it...just looking for a little help...

tdjokic
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Does your MS Windows works normaly? If this is a case, you didn't install Knoppix, you just have some file somewhere there which starts every time you start PC. You can delete this file as any other file in Windows.

fogdog
09-15-2005, 06:33 AM
My system works normal except for when I try to go directly into my c: drive from my control panel. I have tried to delete the knoppix file from the drive but I can't find it anywhere. All I can find is the file in the place I downloaded it. I copied to c:knoppix to burn it to disk easier. After doing that my hard drive icon next to the c: drive turned to "linux" and when I try to open my c: drive to list its contents, the info page for knoppix runs.