PDA

View Full Version : kernel panic vfs-HELP

babelbrennt
09-15-2005, 08:54 PM
I have loaded my tohd system with my remastered knoppix file (a bit big) as I wanted to test it.When i boot normally with a disc and the fromhd method I geta bad superblock (if this is a true ext2 filesystem then run e2fscketc.) error message. When i boot with Linux 2.6 it boots OK but within the boot process there is a message that says"Warning process update used the obsolete bdflush system call.Fix iniscripts?.When I boot Linux2.4 I get FAT:bogus logical sector size 5120 kernel panic vfs unable to mount root fs on 01:03 .What have I done or not done?? Which iniscripts does it mean??I have tried reading round but.....??Help I want to laugh again and feel the sun on my face!!

babelbrennt
09-16-2005, 12:24 AM
when installing kdissert it removed initrd,so I re-installed it. I don't really understand what it is, but from what I have read it might have something to do with my problem.Any ideas?

babelbrennt
09-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Also read somewhere that booting with a disk doesn't work with a hard drive install on the same system as it looks formroot on that partition and that's why the bad superblock. I am going to carry on and assume this thing will work as a disk.If anyone knows otherwise please make sure I am not wasting my time.

babelbrennt
10-09-2005, 09:43 AM
problem seems to be with my fat partitions. anyway changed to ext3 and i don't get kernel panic but bad superblock which I can boot all be it with no hardware recognition