PDA

View Full Version : APM and Sound-Problems

killozap
09-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi,

i have just downloaded the DVD-Image for Knoppix 4. Allmost everything works fine but there are a few problems :

When i run the CD or install a Knoppix-System with knx2hd (on a Notebook, AMILO A1640, AMD Sempron 3000+) sometimes the System says that my battery is empty and the X-session is closed just to be restarted again.

When i install with knx2hd as a debian-system this problem does not happen, but my soundcard is not installed correctly. I can try alsa-config, the soundcard is shown here but no speaker-symbol and no sound.

An other question about the kernel-sources : I need kernel-sources to get my wlan-card (Netgear WG511) running with prism-driver. Are the kernel-sources included in the DVD-distribution? If not, what do i need? About a year ago i installed an older knoppix like that and needed the kernel-source and a patch for xfs.

Thanks a lot

Hartmut

killozap
09-16-2005, 05:30 PM
After googeling a lot i have cleared almost all problems ...

Sound : In KDE, the sound-server must be changed to oss
WLAN : My PCMCIA was not working, a reserve because of shared memory clears this problem

I can post some of the parameters in tips&tricks later, i think the reserve is needed for many notebooks using sis-chip with shared memory.