PDA

View Full Version : Klik web site problem

wombat
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Can anyone tell me why http://klik.atekon.de/ is not working ,as I keep getting page not found and have tried with three differant browsers,Thanks,Dennis

dpeirce
09-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Probono has added Xandros to the list of OSs supported by KLIK, and I'm anxious to try it but I also can't get to the klik.atekon.de site. Now that I'm fired up about KLIK, I hope whatever problem there is gets fixed quickly.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

wombat
09-21-2005, 06:15 AM
dpeirce,
I think what is going on is he is uploading to this site or doing some fixing on it ,now I know someone else can't to the site this narrows down the problems.Well hopefully it will be up with Xandros for you,Thanks for checking in,Dennis

probono
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
The DNS of our host has a problem currently, but there is a easy fix:
add to your /etc/hosts:

134.169.172.48 klik.atekon.de

Our hosting provider is working to fix the issue.

Greetings,
probono

wombat
09-22-2005, 12:04 AM
probono,
Thanks ,that did the trick and Dave will be happy.While I have your attention,I see you have done some things with codeweavers and I need some inpute from you on using Opera with it.If we need to discuss this some where else let me know,Dennis

probono
09-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Please klik://opera again - it is now 8.5 without advertising.
Let's discuss at #klik

Greetings,
probono

dpeirce
09-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Hi. I added the hosts entry and can access the KILK site now. Thanks.

But I still have a problem. I downloaded the client (I think), and have .klik and klik-cmg-install-root in my /home/dave directory. But they don't seem to do anything. I clicked on the new opera package in my old opera and get this error message "The address type is unknown or unsupported klik://opera"

I tried a second time. This is the output from my terminal window:
====================== copy ========================
dave@Dave:~$ wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
--23:04:42-- http://klik.atekon.de/client/install
=> `-'
Resolving klik.atekon.de... 134.169.172.48
Connecting to klik.atekon.de[134.169.172.48]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 14,553 [text/plain]

47% [================> ] 6,907 31.07K/s find: /home/dave/.mozilla/: No such file or directory
sh: line 47: Xdialog: command not found
100%[====================================>] 14,553 36.44K/s

23:04:43 (36.40 KB/s) - `-' saved [14553/14553]

sh: line 47: Xdialog: command not found
* Updating MIME database in /home/dave/.local/share/mime...
ln: `/home/dave/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/klik': File exists
dave@Dave:~$
================================================== ===

Then I tried as root to run ./klik-cmg-install-root and the terminal says "No such file or directory. Earlier there was a ./klik-cmg-install-root file but now there is not, and now I have a file .zAppRun file which wasn't there earlier.

Do I need a .mozilla directory even though I don't have mozilla or firefox installed? And what is xdialog?

?????

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

dwombat
09-25-2005, 06:58 AM
Dave,
I don't think you can use opera.If you use firefox,you paste this in the url bar
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh,hit enter and you will have those two files in home directory.The ./klik-cmg-install-root,has to be installed in /etc/fstab as root,read this link http://klik.atekon.de/docs/?page=How%20to%20use
Read this about uninstalling what you have now,and before installing klik client again.
Close actually the procedure is:
1. Open Firefox/Mozilla
2. (Re)install klik client

(Reason: Firefox/Mozilla arbitrarily names its profile folders, so they must be created first in order for klik to know where to write the settings to. You could call that "bad design" if you want.)

Greetings,
probono

Once that is done you go and klik something and a box will open labeled external protocals program and bottom right there are two buttons one is cancel ,you select the other and your cmg file should start to down load,if everything is working the program will open on it's own the first time when the download compltes.Close it and another box will open asking you to make a comment about the program,this is up to you.After you close your browser,there should be a X.cmg icon on your desktop,if your are using KDE,you click that and the program should run.
Now if I have said anything wrong I know someone will correct me.Dennis

dpeirce
09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't use firefox, had a very bad experience with it. Sorry if that's your favorite. But I will add a .mozilla folder to /home/dave if I absolutely *HAVE* to. Also, KILK works in Opera using the Kanotix live-CD.

I used wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh from the console. The instructions say Alt-F2, which also brings up a console, so I'm guessing that's OK?. First time I tried it, I got both files in my /home/dave but couldn't click on a KLIK link. I looked just now at /etc/fstab, and the app/1 through app/7 entries are all there (/tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0). However, there are no corresponding directories in /tmp.

From my previous error messages...

1) It seems to have downloaded only 47% of the file?
2) It wants a .mozilla file in /home/dave.
3) It wants xdialog.

I also looked at the files listed in probono's post on uninstalling KLIK (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21202&highlight=klik+uninstall&sid=3d4865467288856c43fb0476b4518e9e). All the files he listed are there except /home/dave/klik-cmg-install-root, and /home/dave.local/share/mime/packages/klik. Since I'm not trying to uninstall, I'll leave all these files in place and hope I can get the two missing files. That may not work.

There's also a file he didn't mention: /home/dave/.local/share/mime/application/x-extension-cmg.xml.

I've downloaded xdialog now, and will try making a .mozilla directory plus making the directories in /tmp which correspond with the fstab entries, and will see what happens ^_^.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

dpeirce
09-27-2005, 12:29 AM
No, I was wrong about KLIK working in opera. I just went back to the kanotix 2005-03 live CD and got the same "address type unknown or unsupported" error I got in opera-xandros. However, it DOES work in konqueror-kanotix, because I used konq to download the opera file from KLIK. So I'll try what I said and use konq instead of opera. I don't have any problem with kong :^>.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

dwombat
09-27-2005, 12:57 AM
Dave,
I forgot about Kong,as I use it not often.Now what do you mean you had a bad experience with Firefox,virus ,trojan,keylogger?Now if you get klik working and like Opera,you run the opera.cmg,that way there is nothing on your hard drive,only memory.When you close it any cold you caught is gone.Let us know how you come out,Dennis

dpeirce
09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, maybe not :^>.

I made /home/dave/.mozilla and (as root) directories 1-7 in /tmp/app, and did wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh in console. I got a message saying *something* "if you don't have firefox you can ignore this message" *something else*. The message box didn't show the "somethings". But I don't have firefox so I ignored it. Then with konqueror I downloaded the basket file from KLIK. I got an error message "error in running basket".

/home/dave/.local/share/mime/packages/klik is still not present, nor is /home/dave/klik-cmg-install-root, and 'find' doesn't locate any cmg files except /home/dave/.local/share/mime/application/x-extension-cmg.xml.

Is there NO WAY out of using firefox??? Or can I fix it using another browser?

Xandros 3.0.1.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

dpeirce
09-27-2005, 09:53 PM
To dwombat: My Bad Experience with firefox:

1) it installs itself without permission as default everything (a practice I'd expect from another operating system's browser, the one located in Redmond, Washington, USA). This ticks me off, but I CAN go through the trouble to uninstall it as default everything so this isn't fatal.

2) Then I installed firefox 1.0.4 and its adblocker plugin in Xandros 3.0.1. Then I decided I liked privoxy better so tried to uninstall the plugin using xandros networks. Crash!!!!! Won't re-boot xandros any more; won't boot anything else either. Somehow it wiped every partition on both hard drives including my data and backup partitions, everything which was mounted in xandros (and xandros mounts everything it finds). Reinstalled xandros, fc3, mandriva, mepis, ubuntu, and debian, and then rebuilt my data files and backed them up to CD. Thought I was safe using a separate partition for backup, but no.

That WAS fatal! 3 days reinstalling and two weeks rebuilding data... most unhappy. Maybe a fluke, but I really really really really really don't want firefox on my system again if I can possibly help it. Burn me once, OK; burn me twice and I feel stupid ^_^.

So I'm really really really really really hoping there's a way to do KLIK without firefox.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

probono
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I am really sorry about that happened to you, but it is almost certain that it is not klik-related. In fact, one main design goals of klik was that situations like yours, where uninstalling an application breaks the system, cannot occur.

As for klik, you can also use Konqueror (my default browser), Opera, or even the command line.

Greetings,
probono

dwombat
09-28-2005, 09:58 PM
dpeirce,
Look at this,
$HOME/.klik [I have]
rm ${KDEHOME}/share/services/klik.protocol [not there]
rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik/.directory [not there]
rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik/klik.desktop[not there]
rm ${KDEHOME}/share/mimelnk/all/cmg.desktop[not there]
rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/.hidden/AppRun.desktop [not there]
rm $HOME/.zAppRun [I have]
rm "$HOME/klik-cmg-install-root"[I have]
rm $HOME/.local/share/applications/.zAppRun.desktop[not there]
rm $HOME/.local/share/mime/packages/Override.xml[not there]
rm -r ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik[not there]
rm -r /tmp/app[not there]
rm $HOME/.local/share/applications/klik [not there]
rm $HOME/.local/share/mime/packages/klik[not there]
rm $HOME/.local/share/applications $HOME/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/klik[not there]
Dave all the" not there" happen after you get a .cmg working.The "I have" is the basic files for klik.You should be able to take Kong and download the .sh and you should have the basic"I have" files.The"klik-cmg-install-root"you have to open a terminal in home and become root type klik-cmg-install-root and hit enter,this should put this in your /etc/fstab
/mnt/app/1/image /mnt/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/2/image /mnt/app/2 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/3/image /mnt/app/3 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/4/image /mnt/app/4 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/5/image /mnt/app/5 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/6/image /mnt/app/6 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
/mnt/app/7/image /mnt/app/7 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0
# Dynamic entries,if you have this in the fstab,make sure these entries are above it ,or thses entries will not stay in fstab after reboot.
Dave,now do me a favor,and start from scratch and delete all the files and folders you have done and start with kong and do the .sh thing.Than you can klik Firefox and never worry about it doing anything to your system.Also if you type "klik" in the search in the forums ,you will find a lot of stuff that explains how to install klik,in case I made any mistakes in my post,in other words get a second opinion,Dennis

dpeirce
10-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Whewww!!! You did some work for me there, and I appreciate it. I copied it off just in case. BUT... I've been running Knotix 2005-03 for about a week now and am starting to get acquainted with it. Xandros is just so tender and so likely to break if I install the wrong app (which I do frequently :^>) that I'm most likely going to shift to Kanotix anyway. Kanotix does look to be a less-easily broken system than Xandros. Since I'm probably going to ditch Xandros it wouldn't be worth the effort to install KLIK there.

Wish I had made that decision just a little earlier!

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas

dpeirce
10-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Kanotix is looking better and better. Initially I was stuck with 1024x786 screen resolution, but fix-res.sh fixed me up and now I'm enjoying 1920x1440. Looks like I might not miss Xandros at all.

Wombat, I hope you worked out your problem with Opera and Codeweavers. Me, I like Opera better than Firefox and MUCH better than Internet Explorer. I also like Dillo.

In faith, Dave
dave@christos.cjb.net
Viva Texas