PDA

View Full Version : what's the best webcam with Knoppix ???!!!!!

beko
09-21-2005, 03:51 AM
Iam new here with Knoppix & used to work with UBUNTU b4 & I have a question since I started working with linux & left the windows about the best webcam I can get & it can be detected by Knoppix without I need to look for drivers or compiling anything,I have already intel easy cam & ubuntu & knoppix could detect it but they just detect the name without any valus for the driver &if I tried to use gnomemeeting it say there is no vedio device ,so please I need an advice with the most suitable webcam brand that will work with knoppix without any problems. :?:

drb
09-21-2005, 03:30 PM
One that DOESN'T work. I have not managed to get the Logitech Quickcam Zoom to work, even with the right drivers.

drb

beko
09-22-2005, 09:01 AM
I wonder what's the problem with webcams with linux because I always ask anybody I know he is useing linux & always get no answer or (I didn't try it b4 or I don't have a webcam),I even sent for creative asking them to support linux with drivers for their web cams & they said they won't support linux system,The webcam is very important for me & now if I want to use the webcam I have to goto windows then after I finish I swich back to linux :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :( :( :(

arifsaha
09-28-2005, 03:31 AM
Logitech Zoom do work with Linux, mine (blue & white Logitech Zoom) work in WBEL 4 (RHEL 4 recompile) out of the box. So if it doesn't work in Knoppix, maybe the pwc module is not compiled into the kernel?