PDA

View Full Version : PEAP with KNOPPIX ?

HeinzW
09-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to boot a Centrino-Laptop with Knoppix and connecting to a WLAN using the 802.11x authentication-methode PEAP (using MS-CHAP passwords against a RADIUS Server)
(So far I was only able to connect to a WLAN using a static WEP-key, but this is unfortunately without 802.11x)

thx

jrnokes
09-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Hmmmm, I'll take a stab at this.

Ok, now I may be lost here, but WLAN comes in 3 flavors; 802.11a, 802.11b & 802.11g. PEAP/CHAP, etc. are just ways of logging onto the WLAN. If you were able to log on to it with a static WEP key, and you were truly on, then I would not worry about it. All the PEAP/CHAP is going to do for you is make it dynamic. If it works, let it work.

If you are attached to the WLAN but still can't get to the internet/network, then it's because your proxy/firewall/corp login requires that login through PEAP/CHAP. In that case you will have to find a "module" to perform that. I would start searching on google. I would also look at the debian distrabutions.

j

etakay
11-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I am also looking for the same answer. The default wavelan configuration only let you to connect WEP encrypted networks not PEAP or LEAP. If anyone has a clue to achive connection with PEAP I will be pleased.
Thank you.