PDA

View Full Version : What is the safe version of knoppix?

morbidpalooza
10-05-2005, 03:34 AM
I was useing 3.6 now i am useing 3.9 and I think I have made a horrable mistake!I

atrick-pay
10-05-2005, 05:22 AM
I've been happy with 3.8.2

ckamin
10-05-2005, 07:46 AM
What is the safe version of knoppix?
Safe for WHAT? In whose hands? My real question would be, which are the dangerous ones?

I noticed that you posted another thread regarding USB issues with version 3.9. I am using version 4.0.2 CD and DVD without any USB errors. I have noticed USB issues with version 3.9 as Harry Kuhman had explained in your other post. These "appear" to have been addressed with version 4.0.2. I have also heard of a few issues with 4.0.2 and VIA USB controllers. I don't have much more about that issue, but you can search the forum to find the posts. If you are having other issues, you need to give information regarding the symptoms you are experienceing AND what type of a system you are using. Giving as much detail as you can could help identify your concern more effectively. You previously had 3.6 installed? If 3.6 worked, what prompted you to install 3.9? Were you trying to fix something? Is this installed on a hard drive? If so, you might want to search in the "Hdd Install / Debian / Apt" category to see if there are any related issues/recommendations there.

morbidpalooza
10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Thank you I will get all the info togather and make an issue post!