PDA

View Full Version : Error message while installing

soulman
10-05-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm using the Knoppix 4.02 DVD. I went into the console and as root executed knoppix-installer-latest-web. The GUI interface indicated that it had been installed correctly but the console screen gave these error messages. I was trying to install the boot loader to the root directory. Thanks!

/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 42: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 100: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/user/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
Execution of /usr/share/menu/cdd-menu generated no output or returned an error.
find: warning: you have specified the -mindepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-mindepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

find: warning: you have specified the -mindepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-mindepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a non-option argument -type, but options are not positional (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as those specified after it). Please specify options before other arguments.

/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: add_modules_dep_2_5: modprobe failed
FATAL: Module sd_mod not found.
WARNING: This failure MAY indicate that your kernel will not boot!
but it can also be triggered by needed modules being compiled into
the kernel.
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
/dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
/proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found
Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?
/dev/mapper/control: open failed: No such device
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Incompatible libdevmapper 1.01.00-ioctl (2005-01-17)(compat) and kernel driver
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
Name change: '/dev/cloop0' -> '/dev/cloop'
Warning: Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system.
Fatal: open /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp: No such file or directory

soulman
10-05-2005, 09:04 PM
I finally got it to work! I just tried reinstalling it and the error messages didn't appear, and GRUB successfully installed the dual-boot configuration onto the MBR! Can't wait to get started learning Debian and Linux now. Thanks for everyone's help!