PDA

View Full Version : My MSI Mega 180 Deluxe will not boot properly with Knoppix

Siberiantiger
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi!

I just donloaded Knoppix 4.0.2 on DVD and tested it on my MSI Mega 180 Deluxe (www.msi.com.tw). But after the knoppix startup screen i get an error message saying something about: "You passed an undefined mode number...." and i can press Enter to get video modes and Space to continue

When i press Enter, i get 6 video modes, and i have tried everyone of them and none works with my nVidia graphics card.

I also tried the failsafe mode, the screen= depth= mode, the knoppix 2 mode and expert mode.

What happens is when loading the X-free user interface, the screen goes black, the radio (radio component installed on this computer) starts automatically and i hear a voice saying the startup sequence is loading, but there is no picture at all.

Earlier i used Knoppix 3.9 from CD and that worked fine without doing anything extra.

I also have to tell you i am using a TV screen connected to the SVHS out connector on my computer and connected to the SVHS connector on my TV as i do not have a external data/computer screen

How can i solve this problem?