PDA

View Full Version : Internet on Knoppix 4.0?

admart35
10-06-2005, 08:00 AM
first of all.... I didn't know that knoppix used gnome!!! I always thought that was gnoppix.... second of all.... how do I get internet working on my laptop? when I booted from disk the internet worked just fine... but after I installed in onto my laptop harddrive the internet doesn't work anymore..... can anyone help?

I tried going to Applications > system tools > Networking but i don't think I set it up right... can anyone help me?

Harry Kuhman
10-06-2005, 08:53 AM
.... but after I installed in onto my laptop harddrive the internet doesn't work anymore.....
Surely you must have been expecting this! The second post in the HDD install forum almost 3 years ago was about this very symptom, Internet access working fine from the CD but failing after a hard disk install, and it's been happening ever since. Things like this are why I decided to install Debian rather than Knoppix, since Debian is intended for install on a hard disk and Knoppix is intended as a live CD. Why did you decide to install Knoppix to a hard disk?

admart35
10-06-2005, 08:58 AM
because I like knoppix and I want it installed on my laptop..... and I just want to know how I can get my internet workin on knoppix after a harddrive install