PDA

View Full Version : Saved Wireless settings aren't persisting after reboot.

Legless_Marine
10-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm sure this must be a common problem... I can't be the only one using a wireless PCI card with the knoppix DVD rom distribution.

I'm using knoppix 4.0, and am having trouble getting wireless networking settings to persist after a reboot. I get it working manually, and then save my config to a USB drive, but when I reboot the system, the wireless part isn't enabled.

The settings do appear to be saved in /etc/network/wireless, and I can enable them with a "ifup eth0 --force", but I shouldn't have to do this.

Wireless card is SMC2802W (Prism54). Wireless mode is Ad-Hoc, with a WEP key.

Any help appreciated.

freddie
10-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I finally got my Microsoft MN-720 wireless card to work with Knoppix. I have to perform the following 3 steps every time I reboot. It sure would be nice to make this processes automated at boot via some sort of script saves on my usb stick. Anyone know how to do this?

1) Load MS driver andiswrapper
2) Configure networking to use wlan0
3) Set wlan0 to use the proper encryption for my wireless router.

Thanks.

freddie
10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I finally got my Microsoft MN-720 wireless card to work with Knoppix. I have to perform the following 3 steps every time I reboot. It sure would be nice to make this processes automated at boot via some sort of script saves on my usb stick. Anyone know how to do this?

1) Load MS driver andiswrapper
2) Configure networking to use wlan0
3) Set wlan0 to use the proper encryption for my wireless router.

Thanks.