PDA

View Full Version : Monitor/Video problems - "this resolution not supported

JeremyLikesKnoppix
10-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Hello,

I am completely new to Knoppix and am trying to use the STD0.1 distribution. However, there seems to be some sort of compatibilty problem with my monitor/video card.

I boot using expert mode, everything is detected fine (although there appears to be a problem with the video card), however, after all hardware detection is completed my monitor flashes the "monitor does not support this resolution" message.

I am using an nVidia GeForce 5200 and a 19" Dell LCD monitor. As I have no idea what to use for cheat codes, or how to configure anything on Knoppix....ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Harry Kuhman
10-09-2005, 04:00 AM
Knoppix STD is not Knoppix, it is a small set of tools on a Livd CD based on a very old version of Knoppix. You would do yourself a big favor if you would follow the Get Knoppix link near the top of this page, use BitTorrent, and download a nice new copy of the Knoppix 4.0.2 EN CD or DVD. I would also suggest reading the downloading faq in the wiki found by following the documentation link near the top of this page. It sounds like you have already downloaded and burnt an ISO, but there may still be information in that documant that is new to you. That might in itself be enough to resolve your problem. You have a pretty popular card and I don't remember others complaining of this issue with this card (but you could use the website search feature to be sure). And what does "although there appears to be a problem with the video card" mean? It would likely help if you would give other people any error mesage or other information that you have that led to this statement.