PDA

View Full Version : Text consoles too long on Toshiba Satellite 2100CDT

TheMan
04-27-2003, 04:21 PM
I am a new user with Knoppix and like it alot. At this point I just have one question/problem.
X comes up fine in 800x600 resolution. However the consoles seem to have too many lines. What I mean by this is that once I get to the bottom of the LCD screen the screen does not scroll. It seems to be about 10 to 11 lines too long. I figure this by how many times I have to press the enter key to see a prompt after issuing a command that scrolls off the screen. The console displays 37 lines.
I did not see a cheat code that addressed this. I tried the vga=ext code, but it did not help.
Is this a problem due to using the lcd screen? Is there a config option I can set to fix it? The video chip is a s3virge.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

rickenbacherus
04-29-2003, 12:25 AM
Did you boot like this:
knoppix xmodule=s3 Of course you should add any other cheat codes you normally use to boot your machine properly.

TheMan
04-30-2003, 03:10 PM
Using the cheatcode vga=normal solved this. Didn't see this code at first cause it was not in the F2 list. Looked at the text file and found it. :D

Lou

rickenbacherus
04-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Using the cheatcode vga=normal solved this. Didn't see this code at first cause it was not in the F2 list. Looked at the text file and found it. :D

Lou

You'd be amazed at how many people don't ever see that file. Glad you got it fixed.