PDA

View Full Version : installing openoffice

remeses4
10-13-2005, 11:29 AM
hi friends

how can i install a localized version of openoffice using dpkg.(we do not have internet so can't use apt,dselect)

i want to install the hindi version. i used the locale for the openoffice but was not able to see the menu's and all in my native language.

thanks in advance

tr
10-13-2005, 05:05 PM
i want to install the hindi version. i used the locale for the openoffice but was not able to see the menu's and all in my native language.

The default language of OpenOffice.org is same as your locale setting. Anyhow, you can change language by starting OpenOffice then -> Tools -> Options -> Language Settings -> Language ->User Interface. If hindi is not in pull-down menu, then it is not available.

-tapsa-

remeses4
10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks tr

but i already did that after installing the locale of openoffice but it does not provide me with anything the menu's are still in english.

please look into this too

tr
10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
but i already did that after installing the locale of openoffice but it does not provide me with anything the menu's are still in english.

But there is your language in that list to be choosed?

If you start X as chrooted ('su - knoppix' and 'startx'), you must copy /etc/sysconfig/i18n to your remaster partition before your locale setting are in use. Just try what locale command says. If locale is Posix, then your i18n file in not copied.

The same thing you can do by running /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig. It copies same files to /etc/sysconfig as if you run Knoppix from CD. If you are using menu based scripts from Fabian Franz (as used in UnderScore's how-to), cleanup process clean all unneeded files. So you can run knoppix-autoconfig safely.

As an example, here's my locale command from hard disk:

tapsa@linux:~$ locale
LANG=fi_FI@euro
LC_CTYPE="fi_FI@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="fi_FI@euro"
LC_TIME="fi_FI@euro"
LC_COLLATE="fi_FI@euro"
LC_MONETARY="fi_FI@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="fi_FI@euro"
LC_PAPER="fi_FI@euro"
LC_NAME="fi_FI@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="fi_FI@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="fi_FI@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fi_FI@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fi_FI@euro"
LC_ALL=
tapsa@linux:~$

-tapsa-

kooladi
10-14-2005, 12:15 PM
hi tr.

I am facing similar kind of problem and i have tried the steps that u recommended, but i didnt get any user interface inside language .Plz help.

thanx in advance.
aditya.

tr
10-14-2005, 04:11 PM
i didnt get any user interface inside language

Sorry, I'm using OOo2 (1.9.125) and it seems to be a little different from your version. I try to find an older version somewhre (1.1.4) and look how it is done in there. But I think there must be a similar option somwhere. If there is 'Locale setting' try to change that.

Added later:
You are right. OOo 1.1.4 is a little bit different and changing country setting (no 'user interface' existing) does not help. Perhaps starting Knoppix with your country setting (e.g. lang=hi) after rematering does it. But sorry, I don't know any better.

There seems to be only 1.1.3-9 (stable) and 1.1.4-7 (testing, unstable) for openoffice.org-l10n-hi:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

-tapsa-