PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX over nfs

bsdlamer
10-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi guys !

so i tried, i serched in google, but there is nothing :)

so i have an OpenBSD tftp/nfs server (192.168.100.194), and clients what can boot over PXE
there is also and right configured DHCP-server in the network

PXE works just fine, the client is able to download its kernel (one of knoppix) and minird.gz. Config file for PXE-boot looks like this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
label linux
kernel linux
append initrd=minirt.gz nfsdir=192.168.100.194:/cdrom ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init boot_image=knoppix nodhcp lang=us
ipappend 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the firewall on OpenBSD is disabled, i can login to machine vie tftp and can mount 192.168.100.194:/cdrom
all the conent of KnoppixCD i copied to /cdrom. path to KNOPPIX-squashfs-image is /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

i red tons of FAQs an HOW-TOs but it doesn't work !!! Can not understand why !

After the kernel and minird.gz boot, it ends up with
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry
dropping you to a (very limited) shell

knoppix#
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help me

lissyx
10-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi guys !

so i tried, i serched in google, but there is nothing :)

so i have an OpenBSD tftp/nfs server (192.168.100.194), and clients what can boot over PXE
there is also and right configured DHCP-server in the network

PXE works just fine, the client is able to download its kernel (one of knoppix) and minird.gz. Config file for PXE-boot looks like this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
label linux
kernel linux
append initrd=minirt.gz nfsdir=192.168.100.194:/cdrom ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init boot_image=knoppix nodhcp lang=us
ipappend 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the firewall on OpenBSD is disabled, i can login to machine vie tftp and can mount 192.168.100.194:/cdrom
all the conent of KnoppixCD i copied to /cdrom. path to KNOPPIX-squashfs-image is /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

i red tons of FAQs an HOW-TOs but it doesn't work !!! Can not understand why !

After the kernel and minird.gz boot, it ends up with
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry
dropping you to a (very limited) shell

knoppix#
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please help me

I'm experiencing this with Knoppix 4.0/4.0.2. Works perfectly using Knoppix 3.9.