PDA

View Full Version : Help booting KNOPPIX

Janitor_Shmoo
10-21-2005, 01:57 AM
I downloaded the iso file and used magic iso to make the boot disk. I turned my computer off reset it and I know it's supposed load from there but it wont. Can anyone help?

Harry Kuhman
10-21-2005, 02:06 AM
I've never used magic iso, don't have details on it. But I suggest that you might want to follow the documentation link near the top of this page and read the downloading faq which contains many burning and booting tips and will likely cover your problem whatever it is. Pleae post back and let us know what you find to have gone wrong in your case.

Phantom69
10-21-2005, 03:43 AM
i can help here...
checklist:

=> Make sure your disk is bootable (get the software IsoBuster, install, load cd and see if a bootable selection comes up in the left panel...)
=> Configure your BIOS to load the CD as first priority
=> Put the cd in the drive before you turn on your computer (the easiest way to do this if you are doing a cold start [just turning on your computer] is as soon as your computer starts to load up the BIOS, put the CD in your drive and then restart your computer)

hope this helps

PS: did you check your download with the MD5 checksums it came with to make sure your download is complete...