PDA

View Full Version : Boot problems

zour
10-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I am in need of some assistance.... I am trying to boot KNOPPIX 4 from live cd, but it doesn't seem to be registering, CDROM is the top of my drive list in BIOS. And I have tried booting with a DOS floppy and the going to the D:/ drive but it says it is not found.... is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it?? Please help.

Sincerely,
Lost and Confused in Linux

Harry Kuhman
10-24-2005, 08:37 AM
is it possible I just have a really worthless burner (purchased way back in 98 and passed on through generation of computers) and that I need to use another computer to burn it??
Sure, that is posiable, but it's much more likely that you haven't read and followed the instructions in the Downloading faq that will talk you through this. Follow the documentation link near the top of this page to find it.

zour
10-25-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks.... I have read them and re did a disk.. it seems to have booted... however I am still having problems, it says KDE can not start.... he disk works fine on my frineds laptop.. so i am left thinking that it is my old CD drive... also it took 1/2 hour to boot on my computer.... also none of the programs seem to be working.. ahhhh!!! i hate this machine!!!