PDA

View Full Version : Bad superblock partial solution

babelbrennt
10-26-2005, 01:51 AM
I have been moaning about a bad superblock problem and looking at the number of people that have looked at my posts I am not alone. anyway I think the problem has something to do with reiserfs. Choosing the knoppix type install leads to knoppix formatting the partition reiserfs by deafult even if the user has formatted the partition ext2/3 whatever. when the remastered disk starts it does fsck which looks for an ext2 partition. However it comes across a reiserfs [partition doesn't recognize doesn't recognise it so gives a bad superblock /bad magic number error message. To make sure the drive is formatted ext2/3 install use the Debian style install, select ext 3 and then double back before the actual install begins.The partition is then ext3. My fstab then looks like /mnt/hda5 ext3 default error=remount,ro 0 1. I edited out the error=remount, ro and things seem to be going alot better. I do have a problem at the moment in that the installation hangs before it boots apache2, but I am not sure if this is connected.