PDA

View Full Version : KDE desktop spills out of the monitor on HP Compaq nc6220

Nebopolis
10-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I am trying to use knoppix 4.0.2 on my school's HP Compaq nc6220. All the devices are detected nicely, and it runs like a charm - untill KDE starts. Then the screen spils out of the monitor. Is there any way to fix this? DSL works fine, with no display issues, as does slax.

Edit: Does the same thing in fluxbox as well

bongski55
11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Try changing the resolution

Nebopolis
11-14-2005, 06:39 AM
I've tried both minimum and maximum resolutions, both dont help, and minimum makes it mutch worse

ckamin
11-14-2005, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the Knoppix.net forum.

Then the screen spils out of the monitor
Have you tried mopping it up with a paper towel? :) Can you try to explain this a little better? Do you mean that the resolution is too low and the image is too large to fit on the screen? If I am not mistaken, this notebook model includes Intel Integrated Graphics. I have had many issues using any of the Intel Integrated Chips, especially in a laptop. Make sure that sufficient Video Memory has been allocated for the graphics in the Bios settings, if the settingsa are not fixed. It needs to be 8 Meg or higher in most instances.

Look at the following link for information regarding Cheatcodes: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes Try to set the screen=xxxXxxx for the native resolution of your LCD panel. You can look at the settings within Windows for a clue. Try the xmodule=i810 cheatcode in addition or by itself. Try to experiment with different cheatcodes to see what happens. Make sure you look at the examples given and be careful to use the proper syntax.

Search through the Forum for other posts regarding Intel Integrated Graphic Controller issues. Try as many terms and combinations that you might think of and look through the information you find. There might be a solution waiting for you to find it. I'm sure you are not the only person that has encountered this and there should be a wealth of information to be found.

Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how you make out and if you resolve your concern, what the solution was.