PDA

View Full Version : IP address search

linnerd40
11-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know how to fix this problem:?:
When ever I have tried booting Knoppix 4 from a DVD from Linux Magazine, everything works fine untill it searches for the IP address. It will first say first say it is backgrounding and then it comes up again with DHCP and it never finds the IP address. I can leave the system on for an hour and it will not boot. Any help?

Harry Kuhman
11-01-2005, 02:51 AM
It would help if you gave us some clues. Do you have a high speed internet connection? What type? Do you have a router? Do you have a Network Interface Card (NIC) in your system? I can tell you that my DVD boots just fine, but I have a router and Knoppix will get a DHCP setup from it. Without knowing what you are working with there's not much we can do except suggest that you might want to look at the downloading faq (which includes tips on booting) and the cheat codes section of the wiki.

linnerd40
11-01-2005, 12:49 PM
I am using a RaLink 802.1g Network Card with a Linksys Router. We (as in both the computers in my house) have a high-speed DSL connection. The wirless works fine under Suse and Windows just I can't get it to boot under Koppix 4.0 (3.9 works).
Hope this helps.