PDA

View Full Version : Unable to handle kernel pagaing request at virtual address

ofredric
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
I have an older computer and I am trying to install windows nt server 4.0 on it. I get the following error message:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c2032030 and 2012000.

Does this mean I should have the computer connected to my network? I had tried what the book recommended, Knoppix hacks, and I had no luck.

Please help,

Fred

Harry Kuhman
11-01-2005, 10:32 PM
I have an older computer and I am trying to install windows nt server 4.0 on it. I get the following error message:

Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address c2032030 and 2012000.

Does this mean I should have the computer connected to my network? I had tried what the book recommended, Knoppix hacks, and I had no luck.

Please help,

Fred
Hi Fred,

Welcome to the special Installing Windows NT server group on the Knoppix forum.
We'll get right back to you on this problem. Your call is important to us. Please hold.

UnderScore
11-01-2005, 10:40 PM
I guess I am not understanding your post. What are you trying to do? What is your goal or what do you hope to accomplish? Where & when does that error occur?

Scenario 1) Are you trying to install Knoppix on a system that currently has Windows NT 4.0 on it? Visit http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Hard_drive_Installation and read the documentation & guides.

Scenario 2) Are you trying to install Windows NT 4.0 on a system? You have reached a set of forums for Knoppix & Linux help. You can google for Windows NT install guides. If you do have a Knoppix related Windows question, then there is a separate forum for Windows related requests, "MS Windows & New to Linux" (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=15).

ofredric
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Sorry, I am trying to install Windows NT Server 4.0 on a computer I had built. I get that following error message when I boot from floppy, after the kswapd has started.

I will look at the other forums you have had mentioned.

Harry Kuhman
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Sorry, I am trying to install Windows NT Server 4.0 on a computer I had built. I get that following error message when I boot from floppy, after the kswapd has started.

I will look at the other forums you have had mentioned.
Fred, don't bother. This is a Knoppix forum website. We don't support installing NT in any of the forums, and just making a vague reference to the Knoppix Hacks book will not make such a post on-topic. Why you are posting here on this subject is completely unclear, particularly if you have looked at the Knoppix Hacks book as you said and know what Knoppix is.