PDA

View Full Version : Partition problem

IBS
04-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I have just installed Knoppix on my hardrive. But i had my linux partition to small so i made an other linux partition in Partition
Magic in Windows.

But i want to merge those two partitions together and PM doesn' handle merging linux partitions.

Is there a tool or a solution that can fix this?

Stephen
04-29-2003, 07:31 PM
I have just installed Knoppix on my hardrive. But i had my linux partition to small so i made an other linux partition in Partition
Magic in Windows.

But i want to merge those two partitions together and PM doesn' handle merging linux partitions.

What are you going to use the extra space for? If you need extra space for storage of your personal files you could try to move your /home (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HomePartitionHowTo). You can also free up several hundred MB by removing exceess packages like uneeded xservers and programs you never will use, install localepurge and have it remove the languages you do not use for the man pages and other files.

oscar
04-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Magic in Windows.

Use ghost to make a backup image of knoppix
Then delete knoppix partition and the other linux partition.
Now you have free space to make a new greater knoppix partition.
Restore knoppix backup image (or reinstall knoppix)