PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 4 on PC EasyOne Dc - mouse, KMIX, won't fromhd, etc

entryname
11-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi guys

1. Every now and again the mouse driver loses synch. The pointer will suddenly leap across the screen and after that I can still move it but not click anything. It still does this with autodetection off in BIOS so it is forced to accept both internal and external PS2 mice. Further I can't do knoppix nowheelmouse because I still get a wheelmouse (even though I haven't got one).

2. Some of the time, perhaps around half the time, KMIX opens on startup. The helpfile also opens which I don't want. I tried deleting it from Autostart but that didn't make any difference.

3. Tried tohd, appeared to work, can see files. However get can't find knoppix filesystem on attempting fromhd. FAQ seems to think this is a DMA problem but have never enabled DMA for hard disk. Will boot from CD OK including reading config file from the same partition it allegedly can't find the filesystem on.

4. Get annoying message every boot insisting I have to confirm I want the home directory loaded in view of the danger of viruses. Tried all four Xs and OK, still happens.

5. Get told every boot that I passed an invalid video mode. On pressing space bar it loads OK. I assume this is something to do with BIOS but can find nothing about video modes in BIOS setup.

6. Can write to FreeCOM CD writer, and even see what files are on it (with K3B) but can't read off it as such. This means I can't read from CDs while running Knoppix. As I understand it from the documentation, unless fromhd can be made to work or I install to HD, this problem is unavoidable?

entryname