PDA

View Full Version : Request for Help ... how to do LiveCD Mozilla Plugins?

Doublezz
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
I am asking if anyone knows how to install the RealPlayer 10 plugins for Mozilla on a Gnoppix LiveCD in order to view content in an embedded player on a webpage?

I have been using the Klik website to install RealPlayer 10 when I boot up the LiveCD and it asks me to confirm whether or not to add the Mozzilla plugins which I did, but they do not work. I have been able to get the Flash skockwave plugins to install when asked by Konquerer and the flash plugins then show up in the Mozzilla browzer as well when I go to Help > About Plugins, but I have been unsuccessful with RealPlayer. The Mozilla site has a web page which tells us where to find the two Realplayer plugin files and where to put them, in Mozilla Components folder ... but this does not seem to work on the Live CD setup. I imagine it has to do with the fact I am treating a Read Only CD medium as a Read Write disk. Unionfs in Knoppix v4 is supposed to help solve the problems this creates ... but I have not found the right combination yet! The fact that I can add the flash player plug ins to Mozilla in the Live CD setup convinces me it is possible to do it with any plugin but for now I am stumped ... could be it is looking for Realplayer in the wrong place. I know this does not seem to be an issue on the Hard Disk Knoppix installed system, it only bothers me on the LiveCD setup.

Any ideas are welcome? PS. I like using the LiveCD as a portable desktop rather than limiting it to a Rescue or Demo disk.

Yours Doublezz

Cuddles
11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Doublezz,

Cant really help you with RealPlayer, so-to-speak, it doesnt run at all on 64bit systems, which I have installed, but, I do have some ideas...

Where does the Shockwave plug-ins install at, since they seem to work? Is this the same location that RealPlayer is trying to install into? If not, what happens if you, possibly, change the plug-in location of RealPlayer to where the Shockwave plug-ins are? This is about the only thing I can think of... If this is all nothing, hopefully, someone else has done this, and has it working, and can provide more assistance...

Just some thoughts,
Ms. Cuddles