PDA

View Full Version : Atheros (ath0) Problem in ver 4.0.2 (CD)

iminj
11-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I have an IBM ThinkPad with an Atheros/IBM mini-PCI wireless card. In Knoppix ver 3.9 (CD), I was able to login to my wireless router by opening a terminal and entering the following code:

su
iwconfig ath0 essid mynetworkssid
iwconfig ath0 enc myweppassword
pump -i ath0

This doesn't work in ver 4.0.2 (CD). The first iwconfig command returns "ath0 - device not found".

Anyone have a fix for this ? Thanks !

iminj
11-18-2005, 08:42 PM
SOLVED !

I noticed that Knoppix 4.0.2 recognized 2 network cards on my laptop during the boot cycle ... eth0 and also eth1. Through trial and error I discovered that my original wireless login script works if I change "ath0" to "eth1" in the script. (I am guessing that eth0 is my onboard ethernet card.)

Problem Solved :roll:

If anyone knows why KNOPPIX 3.9 recognized the card as ath0 and KNOPPIX 4.0.2 sees the same card as eth1 - please let me know.
Thanks

Béèm
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
SOLVED !

I noticed that Knoppix 4.0.2 recognized 2 network cards on my laptop during the boot cycle ... eth0 and also eth1. Through trial and error I discovered that my original wireless login script works if I change "ath0" to "eth1" in the script. (I am guessing that eth0 is my onboard ethernet card.)

Problem Solved :roll:

If anyone knows why KNOPPIX 3.9 recognized the card as ath0 and KNOPPIX 4.0.2 sees the same card as eth1 - please let me know.
Thanks

I tried the LiveCD 4.0.2 on a Thinkpad R40 but can't get any network card working.
Indeed the Centrino WiFi here is recognized as eth0.
The ethernet adapter is recognized also, but can't be started.
The ADSL modem on this adapter can be pinged, but the pppoe connection still don't work.
The Firewire adapter is recognized, but no devices are configured.

Do you have the ethernet network working on your machine?