PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't find PHP5 package

bijan
11-18-2005, 10:50 AM
hey ppl, how're ya?

first of all thank you for this great idea, it's almost amazing! Why almost? Well, because I couldn't find php5 package (not even php itself) in your repository. Do you ever wana add it? I mean don't you think that it's necessary?

Thank you,
bijan

alexey_
11-19-2005, 09:41 PM
klik is meant to be used for user-applications. (KOffice, Kolourpaint, KDE apps, ...)

PHP5 has very complex dependencies with apache, mysql, the whole OS, youplacehere, whatever....

I see no way of PHP5 can be provided via klik. Prove me wrong.

PHP5 will not be provided via klik.

probono
11-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Maybe we will one day provide a XAMPP klik - apache, php, and mysql running "out of the box". But I guess it will take some time or some volunteer. bfree on #klik was thinking about it.

Greetings,
probono

mavperl
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
well i compiled php5 from running configure make make install on the dvd side. i was unable to in a chroot environment, but was able to move the /usr/local directory over and create links before a recompile. so now i have php4 from the original and php5 from the newly compiled. my problem is that from a prompt php -v shows me i'm running 5, that is from a newly burned iso, my firefox browser when called from a prompt i.e firefox http://localhost/index.php doesn't know what to do with the file, i'm running apache 1.3 and believe it is set up correctly. My iso is set up to start mysql a php shopping cart and a firefox browser in kiosk mode. So X starts firefox splash in kiosk forwarding to the apache 1.3 docs forwarding to a shopping cart (PHP page which works with the meta tage forward) and finally forwarded to the shopping cart admin page which is also PHP. My problem is why will the php pages show in the browser without problem when the meta tag forwards to the php document, but it won't open from the command prompt when at the prompt i appear to have php set up and running. I am going to try and create links on the desktop from the X45session script to see if a desktop icon acts like the prompt or a redirect. Seems like my pix is disgruntled and doesn't know when or why to use php 4 or 5.

:shock: