PDA

View Full Version : need to restart Linux after running klick-cmg-install

bijan
11-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey ppl, how're ya?

When I ran klick-cmg-install, I didn't know that it merely tries to add some lines to fstab and then make the /tmp/app directory as 0777. So, I expected it to run the program for me, and it didn't, and so I ran it several times, resulting in having those lines multiple times in my fstab and ....

what I wana mention is that wasn't it better if you echoed some message like you should restart your system for klick to work? It writes entries into fstab, so, it should be restarted to take effect, right?

alexey_
11-19-2005, 09:16 PM
no need to restart your system, just your browser.

cyberbillp
12-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I installed klik 3 or 4 times and it would not work, but then after I rebooted it worked fine.

Now I have to check fstab for extra entries, but klik does NOT work no matter how many times you reinstall and restart Firefox (until a full reboot).

Also, what the heck is this mysterious ALT-F2? Is that a Firefox command? Which window should have focus because ALT-F2 does nothing I can see. Of course I'm running Fluxbox and sometimes Rox under Vector 5.1 standard........ So maybe it's a KDE command. I dunno.

probono
12-09-2005, 05:46 PM
On all distributions I have tried so far, no reboot is neccessary.

Greetings,
probono