PDA

View Full Version : kazaA

super2man
12-29-2002, 11:53 PM
I found a Kazaa for linux and I did a symbolic link to one backward compatible file for it to work now I am stuck on one more part it needs. I did a sybolic link to libc.so to /libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 but it gives me this

ANyone?! know what I should do?

knoppix@box:~$ cd kza-0.401
knoppix@box:~/kza-0.401$ ./kza
./kza: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: invalid ELF header
knoppix@box:~/kza-0.401$

super2man
12-29-2002, 11:55 PM
I had it up and running before. but then I reloaded and possible apt-get update changed a few things dunno?!

super2man
12-31-2002, 04:11 PM
Forget kazaa and there unopen source. Everything they stand for is commercial. I always felt the downside of kazza was the popups and stuff. The blocked the servers from a bunch of pretty good linux clients made to work on the kazaa fasttracker network. I gues they decied to keep with the windows users!

No idea what there plans are. but to run kazaa in wine you have to install ie5 or 6 (long configuring and such winehq.com>support>app database)

If you look at your main goal. "get movies music and files" then stop wasting your time with kazaa world. procticaly controled by the recording guro money hungry mosters. With fake files here and there start of songs then the rest blank miss named movies .. you don't need it..

people out there care and wow do they ever. they have created something quite impressive. knock my socks off (although they have to work on the gui!)

http://www.mldonkeyworld.com

grab the latest (bindary!)build. Important (read the setup how tos) use the fourms .. they should show you how to configure downloads.ini and gui configs and run the mldonkey from start to finish and then sum if you want.

Tigren
01-03-2003, 01:23 AM
you can also try limewire and gtk-gnutella.