PDA

View Full Version : Orinoco AirSniff

n8ureb
04-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Is there a way to get the knoppix distro to have the patched Wlan driver to allow AirSniff and Netstumbler to actually work without having to install the knoppix to a hard disk?

Stephen
04-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Is there a way to get the knoppix distro to have the patched Wlan driver to allow AirSniff and Netstumbler to actually work without having to install the knoppix to a hard disk?

Sure there is file a bug (http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/) report against the package and if the maintainer of the package thinks your request is reasonable and can be implemented then most likely it will get changed.

Tigren
05-18-2003, 02:24 AM
You are in luck. The newest release of Knoppix claims to be patched, so it SHOULD work. Now lets just see if it does...

probono
06-08-2003, 11:33 PM
You are in luck. The newest release of Knoppix claims to be patched, so it SHOULD work. Now lets just see if it does...Anyone tested this yet? (How?)

spug
08-04-2006, 02:44 AM
It's funny, KNOPPIX STD claims to be patched for the Orinoco card dilema (yes, I am apparently bringing up an ancient topic) , yet the last live cd I downloaded has the patched driver which works great with Kismet and also allows me to set my card into monitor mode manually via iwpriv eth(whatever) Monitor 2 1 etc... yet does not have the most recent version of Aircrack, which is needed in order for Aircrack to set the card into monitor mode. Yes, you can tell me to go buy a compatible card, yet don't you think this should have been fixed by 2006!? Someone, anyone, correct me if I am wrong please!

Any input (and insults) much appreciated...I think