PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 4.0.2 does not boot at all............

bharatdevdas
11-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi, i am new here and new to knoppix too. For some reason it does not boot on my system. No there is nothing wrong with the CD, as boots on other systems. It starts from the CD then says Autoconfiguring Devices, then hangs. Nothing happens. On other systems I observed it detects the mouse after this, so I tried changing the mouse, later to a serial mouse too, but no use. Can someone please tell me why and how?

hellfred
11-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi, i am new here and new to knoppix too. For some reason it does not boot on my system. No there is nothing wrong with the CD, as boots on other systems. It starts from the CD then says Autoconfiguring Devices, then hangs. Nothing happens. On other systems I observed it detects the mouse after this, so I tried changing the mouse, later to a serial mouse too, but no use. Can someone please tell me why and how?
Did you check the knoppix-cheatcodes.txt for boot parameters?
There are some that you can try
e.g.

failsafe
Boot with (almost) no hardware detection

# cat /proc/cmdline
ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us vga=normal atapicd
nosound noapic noacpi pnpbios=off acpi=off nofstab noscsi
nodma noapm nousb nopcmcia nofirewire noagp nomce nodhcp
xmodule=vesa initrd=minirt.gz BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix BOOT_IMAGE=linux

wheelmouse
The mouse is a wheelmouse - not needed since 2003-04-15

nowheelmouse
Regular PS/2 mouse - 2003-04-15 and after.

pci=irqmask=0x0e98
Notebook if PS/2 mouse doesn't work, Try "knoppix pci=irqmask=0x0e98" if (you have a notebook and) your PS/2 mouse doesn't work. (Possibly caused by a BIOS-flaw on your board.)

Hellfred