PDA

View Full Version : cloop driver is not inserted correctly

mark_one
11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
hi everyone.

i'm stuck and need your help.

first of all:
i use "damn small linux" version 2.0 and i'm trying to include a new kernel (2.6.6 instead of 2.4.31)

so here's what i did so far:
i compiled a new kernel (2.6.6) and the modules for it. then i compiled the cloop driver for this kernel. i mounted the initrd24 and replaced the cloop driver and the modules of the old kernel (2.4.31) with the new ones. after that i gzipped it to initrd26 and put it into the boot folder, added a label to isolinux.cfg and tried to boot it. the kernel boots successfully and the initrd26 is loaded. the ide-driver is inside the kernel so access to the cd is granted. but when it comes to the 'mount_knoppix()' function in the linuxrc script, something goes wrong. the possible reason ist that the cloop driver isn't working. the last message i get while booting is:

'Accessing DSL image at /dev/hdc/...insmod: QM_MODULES:'

then i'm dropped to the 'limited shell'.
an 'lsmod' shows nothing so the cloop driver was not inserted, although no error message appears. i used the same compiler for the kernel and the cloop driver. i changed file permissions to make sure that the drivers are readable and executable.

well, here are the questions:
does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?
is there a kernel-patch to include the cloop driver into the kernel?
why is the cloop driver not inserted correctly?

please help me out!!!

greetings
mark