PDA

View Full Version : Sound doesn't work in Asus P6300 laptop!

zblace
05-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Sound doesn't work in Asus P6300 laptop for me...
if anyone managed to do it please post the solution!

garyng
05-01-2003, 05:49 PM
What you mentioned is not a popular model to begin with and the chances that it's user is running linux is quite remote and given that there is so many different distribution of linux, the chance of another owner is running KNOPPIX is close to zero, not to mention that KNOPPIX changes every 2 weeks or so.

may be it would be better for you to type some commands like :

lspci
dmesg

to find out what components it uses and hopefully someone is using similar components can help.

zblace
05-01-2003, 07:25 PM
What you mentioned is not a popular model to begin with and the chances that it's user is running linux is quite remote and given that there is so many different distribution of linux, the chance of another owner is running KNOPPIX is close to zero, not to mention that KNOPPIX changes every 2 weeks or so.

may be it would be better for you to type some commands like :

lspci
dmesg

to find out what components it uses and hopefully someone is using similar components can help.

I would if I would think it makes any use, since my Yamaha chipset is recognised correctly but it still doesn't work ... I will try with newer version of Knoppix.

Thanks for this info anyway

Stephen
05-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Open a root console and check to see if the sound module is in use with the command lsmod then try sndconfig to run the sound configuration utility. Also if you are booting from CD try the alsa cheat code (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) if it a version 2003-04-15 or after if from HD then /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig .